hot damn these are good!
- 2 or more large organic carrots. enough to fill a pint jar.
- 6 cloves of fresh organic garlic
- a small arm of fresh turmeric. (1/2 inch by 1/4 inch chunk)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- pint jar
- cut carrots into small pieces. i cut triangles because i think that’s a taco-ish shape, but any shape will work
- slice garlic into little slivers
- finely grate the turmeric
- put all of the ingredients in the jar and shake so that everything is coated and evenly distributed
- fill with water and leave on a warmish counter for about a week
- taste and put in the fridge when you love them! (refrigeration slows down the fermentation process)
be advised: these produce amazing dragon breath! (i think it’s fun to catch loved ones and small critters off-guard)